UPSI Digital Repository (UDRep)
|Abstract : Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris|
|The digital preservation of cultural heritage of 3D reconstructed objects presents a new challenge due to difficultiesassociated with this technique. The importance of 3D reconstruction especially in the context of preservation and visualization of heritage buildings as many studies have been conducted that underlined its importance. To this effect, the present study proposed a new digital preservation best practice to visualize heritage monuments and buildings based on artistic considerations for the graphic designer responsible for this task. The best practices presented in this study includes the open standards, procedures, observations as well as considerations that are needed on the objects to be regarded as acceptable for visualization purposes. The proposed best practices were pilot tested by having 33 computer graphics students apply these practices to visualize heritage buildings as assigned|
1. DCLG. (2012). National planning policy framework. Department for Communities and Local Government.
2. Garagnani, S., & Manferdini, A. M. (2013). Parametric accuracy: building information modeling process applied to the cultural heritage preservation. International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, 5(1).
3. Gomes, L., Bellon, O. R. P., & Silva, L. (2014). 3D reconstruction methods for digital preservation of cultural heritage: A survey. Pattern Recognition Letters, 50, 3-14.
4. LimCK, TanKL, &HambiraN. (2018). A Proposed Guideline with Building Information Modelling (BIM) for Virtual Transformation of Traditional Housing to Green Housing. International Journal of Supply Chain Management, 7 (5 (2018)), 485-491.
5. O'Kelly, M., Anisimov, V., Campbell, C., & Hamilton, S. (2017). Proposed best practice for projects that involve modelling and simulation. Pharmaceutical statistics, 16(2), 107-113.
6. Stanco, F., Battiato, S., & Gallo, G. (Eds.). (2011). Digital imaging for cultural heritage preservation: Analysis, restoration, and reconstruction of ancient artworks. CRC Press.
7. Vilbrandt, C., Pasko, G., Pasko, A., Fayolle, P. A., Vilbrandt, T., Goodwin, J. R., Goodwin, J. M. & Kunii, T. L. (2004, March). Cultural heritage preservation using constructive shape modeling. In Computer Graphics Forum (Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 25-41). 9600 Garsington Road, Oxford, OX4 2DQ, UK.: Blackwell Publishing Ltd
|This material may be protected under Copyright Act which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials.|
You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research.